Running health and injury content created by top sports medicine doctors and specialists
RunnersMD is creating the industries most trusted sports and running medicine content library written by top sports medicine doctors and specialists. The RunnersMD Medical Team works closely with a team of over 20 nationwide sports specialized doctors and health experts across a broad range of specialty areas to ensure Runner’s content is up to date, accurate, and helps you perform at your best and live a healthier life. We are committed to improving our site. We will continue to publish even more content, communities, and services to help make your life healthier, to help you find your way when faced with recovery decisions, and to help improve your health for you or your family.
Top Contributors and Authors
- Dr. Joshua Dines is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery at the Hospital For Special Surgery. Dr. Dines is an Assistant team physician for the NY Mets, an Orthopedic Sports Medicine Consultant for the New York Rangers, and a consultant for the LA Dodgers. He was previously the doctor for the US Davis Cup tennis team and currently serves as a consultant for USA Tennis.
- Dr. Asheesh Bedi is the Director of Sports Medicine and Joint Preservation, NorthShore Orthopedic and Spine Institute. He is alsothe Adjunct Professor of Sports Medicine and Hip Preservation, Hospital for Special Surgery/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is the Head Orthopedic Consultant for National Basketball Players’ Associations (NBPA) and the Team Physician, Chicago Bears. Fellowship Trained in Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery, and Hip Preservation at the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York and authored over 350 peer-reviewed publications and over 300 invited talks
- Dr. Christopher C. Dodson is an associate professor of orthopaedic surgery at Thomas Jefferson University and specializes in sports related injuries of the shoulder, elbow and knee. He serves as head team physician of the Philadelphia 76ers, assistant team physician for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Philadelphia Flyers, and as an orthopaedic consultant for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Terry Zeigler, EdD, ATC As a Professor in Kinesiology and Certified Athletic Trainer, Terry has spent over twenty years working with college athletes as a Certified Athletic Trainer specializing in the prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries. Along with working alongside injured athletes, she spends much of her time in the classroom and clinical setting teaching and preparing students for careers as allied health professionals and professionals working in the field of Kinesiology.
- Nancy Clark, MS, RD, CSSD is a registered dietitian (RD) who specializes in nutrition for performance, health, and the nutritional management of eating disorders. She is board certified as a specialist in sports dietietics (CSSD). She has been Team Nutritionist for the Boston Red Sox baseball team as well as other top professional members of the Boston Celtics and Bruins.
Additional Medical Authors
- Scott Kaar, MD
- James M. Paci, M.D.
- Benjamin Bissell, MD
- Benjamin B. Bedford, M.D.
- Bryson P. Lesniak, MD
- Jacel Brooks, MD
- Lindy Womack, M.D.
- Matthew L. Busbee, MD.
- Jesse L. Pace, DO
- Robert Donatelli, PhD, PT
- Alan L Hammond
- Daniel Gorrin, PT, DPT